Saturday, May 12, 2012

Countdown - 7 days.. (hopefully last stop at Michael's)

I got out of work a little early today so I went to Michael's to pick up some extra supplies for the scrapbook.  I think I drew a lot of attention, being the only guy walking into Michael's at 4pm on a work day.  It was even more peculiar because I knew my way around and exactly what I was looking for as I skillfully picked my way up and down the scrapbook aisles.  I don't think they would even believe me this time if i said "its for my girlfriend"  After picking up a few decorations and some extra page protectors and expansion posts I headed over to Dave and Brian's to enlist their help.

On our first date we had lai-mein and dumplings.  A modest meal before heading out to the movies for a modest yet memorable first date.  I want to try to recreate that.  Except this time I want to recast and cut out the hand pulled noodle chef who doesn't wear shoes or cut his nails.  Instead, I will be attempt all the stunts myself and will film the whole process.  I recruited Brian and Dave's help to take pictures and short clips of the part where I shop for the ingredients.  I hope this all pans out the way I'm envisioning it.  There's only 2 minor problems I can foresee.  I don't know how to make lai-mein nor do I know how to edit videos, but I'll do my best.  I bought enough ingredients for 2 practice sessions.  I just hope I can think of some good stories to tell you tomorrow when you ask me what I did all day.  If not, I think you're going to suspect I'm cheating on you or something....

You know I wouldn't, I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment